Mystic Manufacturing Company

Mystic, Connecticut, 1899

zoomable artifact image here


Gelatin print; The Mystic Manufacturing Co. (now the Stillman Building at Mystic Seaport Museum); taken from the Mystic River by George E. Tingley. Signed in pencil on mat lower right "Geo. E. Tingley/ Mystic Conn./ '99"; matted. This woolen mill was originally the Greenmanville Mfg. Co., which was principally owned by George Greenman & Co. At the time of this photograph; the company had changed hands and was known as the Mystic Manufacturing Co.