For Further Study
- Colby, Barnard L. For Oil and Buggy Whips: Whaling Captains of New London County, Connecticut. Mystic, Conn.: Mystic Seaport Museum, 1990.
Related Art & Literature
- Boas, Franz and Ludger MŸller-Wille. Franz Boas Among the Inuit of Baffin Island, 1883-1884: Journals and Letters. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1998.
- Calabretta, Fred. "Discovering a Discoverer: The Fascinating Research Behind Explorer Captain George Comer". Mystic Seaport Magazine, Spring 2008.
- Calabretta, Fred. "The Work of Captain George Comer: Whaling and Anthropology in the Arctic". Sea History Magazine, Summer 2008.
- Calabretta, Fred. "At Home with the Inuit". Hog River Journal, Spring 2009.
- Calabretta, Fred. "Captain George Comer in the Arctic." Log of Mystic Seaport 35, no.4 (Winter 1984): 118-131.
- Osbon, B.S. "Revival of Whaling and Romance of the "Era": Captain Comer's Quaint Little Craft, Nearly 60 Years Old, Preparing for Another Northern Cruise." The New York Times, July 8, 1906. Accessed October 10, 2013.