For Further Study
Captain George Comer
- Ripley, S. Dillon. "Birds from Gough Island." Postilla, Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History. no. 19 (July, 1954): 1-6.
- Fred Calebretta, interviews by author, Mystic Seaport Museum, June 2014.
- Motycka, Sally. "Frozen In: The Schooner Era in the Ice." Mystic Seaport Museum. Last updated October 3, 2013. Accessed June 2014. http://educators.mysticseaport.org/artifacts/era_painting/
- Coll. 102, Manuscripts Collection, G. W. Blunt White Library, Mystic Seaport Museum, Inc.
- Allen, Joel Asaph, George Comer, and George Elliott Verrill. Description of a New Gallinule, from Gough Island. Order of the Trustees, American Museum of Natural History, 1892.
- Division of Anthropology. North American Ethnographic Collection. American Museum of Natural History. Accessed June 2014. http://anthro.amnh.org/north
- Bird Life International. Gough Moorhen Gallinula comeri. Bird Life International. Accessed June 2014. http://www.birdlife.org/datazone/speciesfactsheet.php?id=2935
Related Art & Literature
- Comer, George. "A Geographical Description of Southampton Island." Bulletin of the American Geographical Society 42, no. 2 (1910): 84-90.
- Comer, George. An Arctic Whaling Diary: The Journal of Captain George Comer in Hudson Bay 1903-1905. University of Toronto Press, 1984.
- Comer, George. "Whaling in the Hudson Bay, with Notes on Southampton Island." In Boas Anniversary Volume: Anthropological Papers Written in Honor of Franz Boas, edited by B. Laufer, 475 - 484. New York: Stechert, 1906.
- Comer, George. "Notes by G. Comer on the Natives of the Northwestern Coast of Hudson Bay." American Anthropologist 23 (1921):243-244.
- Boas, Franz. The Eskimo of Baffin Land and Hudson Bay: From Notes Collected by Capt. George Comer, Capt. James S. Mutch, and Rev. EJ Peck. Vol. 15. order of the Trustees, 1901.
- Calabretta, Fred. "Captain George Comer and the Arctic." The Log of Mystic Seaport 35, no. 4 (Winter 1984): 118-31.