For Further Study
Zebina Montague Letter
- Montague,Richard. Meeting of the Montague Family at Hadley, Mass., Aug. 2, 1882. Boston: Franklin Press: Rand, Avery and Company, 1882.
- Walker, Alice Morehouse. Historic Homes of Amherst. Amherst, MA: Press of Carpenter and Morehouse, 1905.
- First Church of Christ (Amherst, Mass.). An historical review: One hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the First Church of Christ in Amherst, Massachusetts. Amherst, MA: Press of Amherst Record, 1890.
- Montague, George Wm., and William L. Montague. History and Genealogy of the Montague Family of America. Amherst, MA: Press of G.E. Williams, 1886.
- Smith, John Montague, Henry Walbridge Taft, and Abbie Talitha Montague. History of the Town of Sunderland Massachusetts: which originally embraced its limits the present towns of Montague and Leverett. Amherst,MA: Press of E.A. Hall and Co,1889.
- Byers, Edward. The Nation of Nantucket: Society and Politics of an Early American Commercial Center, 1660-1820. Boston: Northeastern University Press, 1987.
- Stackpole, Edouard. Nantucket in the American Revolution . Falmouth, MA: Kendall Printing Inc., 1976.
- Delany, Edmund. The Connecticut River: New England's Historic Waterway. Cheshire, CT: The Globe Pequot Press, 1983.
- McPhee, John. The Founding Fish. New York: Farrar, Strauss and Giroux, 2002.
- American Revolution. 11 July 2013, 14:17 - UTC. In Wikipecia: The Free Encyclopedia. Wikimedia Foundation Inc. Encyclopedia on-line. Available from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolution. Retrieved 11 July 2013.
- Battles of Lexington and Concord. 1 June 2013, 10:47-UTC. In Wikipedia:The Free Encyclopedia. Wikimedia Commons Inc. Encyclopedia on-line. Available from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Lexington_and_Concord. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- History. "Mar 30, 1775: King George Endorses New England Restraining Act". This Day In History. Accessed July 20, 2012. http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/king-george-endorses-new-england-restraining-act .
- Risch, Erna. "Organization of the Quartermaster's Department". In Supplying Washington's Army. Washington, D.C.: Center of Military History, United States Army, 1981.
- Brainard, Lucy Abigail. The Genealogy of the Brainerd-Brainard Family in America, 1649-1908, Vol.I, Parts I, II, III. Hartford: Case, Lockwood and Brainard Co, 1908.
- First Church of Christ (Amherst, MA). An Historical Review. One Hundred and Fiftieth Anniversary of the First Church of Christ in Amherst, Massachusetts. November 7, 1889. Amherst, MA: Press of the Amherst Record, 1890.