For Further Study
Atlantic's Whaling Contract
- "The Rich Whaling History of Connecticut," Atlantic Seafood, last modified Oct 13, 2013, accessed Feb 25, 2015, http://atlanticseafoodmarket.com/2013/10/rich-whaling-history-connecticut/
- "Connecticut, Maritime History and World Seaports during the 1800s," The Maritime Heritage Project, last modified 2014, accessed March 6, 2014, http://www.maritimeheritage.org/ports/usConnecticut.html
- Creighton, Margaret S. Rites and Passages: The Experience of American Whaling, 1830-1870. Cambridge [England]: Cambridge University Press, 1995.
- Busch, Briton Cooper. Whaling Will Never Do for Me: The American Whaleman in the Nineteenth Century. Lexington, Ky: University Press of Kentucky, 1994.
Related Art & Literature
- Lee, Lance R., and Bruce Halabisky. Twice Round the Loggerhead: The Culture of Whaling in the Azores. Stony Creek, CT: Leete's Island Books, 1999.
- Ashley, Clifford W. The Yankee Whaler. New York: Dover Publications, 1991.